Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The countdown begins

We are less than a week away from heading home! I have mixed emotions about this but overall I am really looking forward to getting home. M on the other hand would have left weeks ago and yesterday was battling a HUGE bought of homesickness. Poor baby! She misses her friends and her house and just wants to go home.

It has be gray and rainy so that is not really helping the mood. But we did manage a rainy day outing yesterday.


We walked around Arthur's Seat and down to Dynamic Earth. Apparently the scientist who initially figured out how the Earth was formed  was from Edinburgh. It was a wee but pricey. But it gave us some entertainment on a rainy day. M was telling Eric all about it this morning. And she absorbed way more of the information than I did so I am happy about that. It is a 4D thing you go through and learn about how the Earth was formed and all the different parts of the Earth from volcanoes to ice. I am pretty sure A enjoyed it too. She is so sweet and easy going. Especially in comparison to fiery M. 

There were some little areas set up before you went through the "experience" so M got dressed as a jungle explorer for a picture. A simply said "no thank you" to the dressing up.

After our experience we were going to go grab a bite to eat but it was 4:45 and all the lunch and tea places where closing but none of the dinner places were open yet. So we trudged up the Royal Mile and back home for me to cook dinner.

We are getting down to the wire and we need to use up what food we have here.

Yesterday I got what was probably my last Tesco delivery. 3 out of our 4 delivery men have been sweet and helpful, the other one was just over it. We do have a lot of stairs and they probably trudge up and down stairs all over this crazy city all day. This is not a city for the meek. If you are really going to explore it you have to be in good enough shape for hills and stairs.

The girls headed off to the playground after dinner. It was nice to have a few moments of peace. I love the fact that A being here gives M a little independence and she and I get some breaks from each other.

Today we are just going to putter around the apartment and maybe go to the Pavillon and maybe do a little shopping. Because Eric & I are going out tonight and the girls and I have to be at the train station early tomorrow for our next adventure. I hope it goes well. We are all super excited.

Hope you are planning and adventure for yourself soon! Planning is half the fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment