Friday, July 10, 2015

Last day of girls week!

This has been a weird week. Just M & I on our own in Edinburgh. We hit a rough patch and were tired and not eating good and not getting along at all. So I put on my big girl pants and turned it around. Made everybody get a good night's rest and made today better! 

I was tired of cooking so I found us a fun place for lunch, Toast in Marchmont (Edinburgh neighborhood). They serve breakfast until noon, so we high tailed it over there just in time. 


M wanted you to see her cool curly straw, while she's sippin her mango juice. 


I ordered a Belgian waffle with goats cheese and red onion marmalade. 
So weirdly Scottish and delicious.


M got french toast with bacon and maple syrup. 


Next we hopped on the 41 bus to head to the Museum on the Mound. Which was way more fun than I anticipated. The security guys at the door were SO NICE! One of them came around and made sure we saw all the cool things and gave us chocolate coins. M got to complete a little scavenger hunt book and do some other fun activities. I would say it is one of my favorite little hidden things about Edinburgh. But the weird thing is, it is just a wee bit off the Royal Mile. Very easy to get to and it is free! Really what more could you ask for. 


The museum is in what was the original Bank of Scotland building. 


When that building got too small they built a bigger one around it. 


You learn all about the history of banking and money. 


And you get to see what you would look like on a £ note. 

Since we had an errand to run up on the high street, we headed from the Mound across Waverley Bridge and up to Princes Street. The little festival was still up there so I told M she could see how long the line was for the bungie jump thing. There was no line! And they have covered it since it has been rainy lately so she got to do it again.  


Along with bungie fun, today there was face paining available. 


M was desperate to get it done. 


She requested a blue and white tiger. 


I am glad I took this picture when it was fresh. Soon after this she made a friend, and they ran around for about an hour and got all sweaty. Then M forgot she had her face painted and smeared about half of it across her shirt. But as she says "don't worry it will wash out". 

I am still sort of procrastinating on cleaning our apartment. We have visitors coming tomorrow! But they won't be here til lunch so I will have plenty of time to clean up! And now that we have a bag for the vacuum cleaner I really have no more excuses. And Eric gets back tomorrow! So excited! 

Hope you have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment