Saturday, June 6, 2015

And the howling wind is back.

Yes! day was a success. It kept M in a good mood. Fortunately the weather yesterday was great and she did not ask for anything that was hard to say Yes to.

"Mama, can we go to the park?'

"Yes!"


"Mama. can I push you in the big swing?"

"Yes!" However I am not sure why I am not looking very happy. I hope she just caught me between smiles. Because it really was pretty fun.


M was worried that if we went out to lunch she would not find anything she liked. So she packed herself a Nutella sandwich. But groceries had not been delivered yet so I told her I was going to buy myself something while we were out.

The last time I spent a summer in Edinburgh our apartment was a few blocks from where we are now. So I discovered that one of my former favorite sandwich shops was still here.

When we got inside M decided she wanted to buy a sandwich and "eat in". So of course I had to say, Yes!

She had salami and cheese. I had a falafel and hummus wrap. We learned the hard way the other day to just bring our own water bottles. Drinks are what get you. Would have doubled the cost of our lunch if we had ordered drinks.
 After lunch M wanted to go to Blackwell's. To acquire more books. And since books are not "junk", I said Yes!

But as we approached the book shop I decided I did not want our outing to end there. I knew once we bought books we would head home so she could spend a couple hours with them.

We were one block away from the National museum. I managed to talk her into going. Again it is free, so I figured if we were only there for a bit it did not matter.

They have re done the museum since I was last there. It s lovely. And there was an interactive children's area that M enjoyed.


"I love a good dino dig," well who doesn't really?


In the museum shop I handed M a 5£ note. She carefully explored and compared and added up. She ended up with three fancy rocks. You know the kind they sell in museum shops all over the world. She spent £4.99. "Mama, can I keep this penny?".

"Yes!"

After the museum we went over to Blackwell's. Where we both did indeed acquire some books.

We have been having some trouble with our credit cards. I can advise you that if you are traveling abroad, you should call and inform your credit card companies. And you should check with them and your bank about exchange rates and fees. Sadly the card I had with no fees, was used back in the US after we got here so someone somehow got my card number. And that card had to be turned off. So we have had to deal with some issues. But I think it will all get worked out.

All this to say plan ahead and have a back up plan.

Other highlights of yesterday include, Tesco - grocery delivery. A lovely young man helped us not only with our groceries but now we know how our door buzzer works.

Eric brought a work friend home for dinner. We had a lovely chat and he kindly humored M while we went to the playground again after dinner.

No big plans for today, but the wind is back. And it is fierce.

We did get invited to a party this evening. There will be other kids there, so I hope it goes well. M has been missing her Daddy while he is at work so I am sure they will be spending some good weekend time together.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment