Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Settling In, a Bit.....June 2

It is WINDY and COLD. This is M standing in front of the health foods store where we bought tea today. You can tell from her hair and her skirt the wind is rough today. It was yesterday too. 


I knew the weather would be different than home. But I was not really prepared for quite this much wind. Eric is the tea drinker in the family so we stopped in this shop to get him some tea and of course we picked some out for ourselves as well. 



The boxes are lovely. Marion chose the Very Berry. But she does not like it, we brewed a couple cups to warm up when we got in.  Fortunate for her I do and I will drink it as well as the Hibiscus Bliss I bought for myself. The British is for E. I drink coffee in the morning and decaf tea later in the day and in the evening.  

In an effort to get M out of the house I promised her a trip to buy books. We also needed to go to the drug store and get a few groceries. So we went to Blackwell's books. They have a decent children's section. M found 3 new graphic novels that are all by the same author, but at least they were printed in the UK and are not books I have seen before. 
Right by the children's book section is an entrance to the cafe. So we decided we would hide from the wind for a little longer and have a snack and read some of our new books. 


I have no idea why but Soy Milk latte's are so much better here. The soy milk actually gets rich and foamy. It was delicious. In this picture I had already spooned off and eaten most of the delicious foam.  

One of our new favorite stores is Pound Savers. Which is a pound store rather than a dollar store. They have trinkets and junk as well as useful stuff. Pretty much just like the dollar store at home. We found this keychain and I had to buy it. It is only the second time in the last 7 (almost 8) years we have found an item like this with Marion's name on it. It is such a rare occurrence I have promised to buy her one whenever we find one. I really hope that doesn't backfire on me. 


This is M walking down our street on the way home today. I know it looks sunny but it is 54 degrees and WINDY. Notice she has on pants, a skirt, socks, boots, a long sleeve shirt and a jacket. And was still complaining about being cold. However I was fine but the wind is a beast. It was knocking me pack at points today, I am sure feather weight M felt like she was going to blow away. 
M thought it would be funny to have a picture of her peeking into our mail slot. 


And these are the scary stairs in our building. We are in the 2nd floor. Which in the US we would call the 3rd. Ground, 1, 2, 3..... 


The wind is supposed to be gone (or at least much less) tomorrow. I hope that will let us go a bit further and see a few more things. 

Tonight we are having a friend over for nibbles before he and E have to go off to a work dinner. So that will be fun. 

One weird thing is that right now it gets dark at 11:30 and the sun rises at about 4:30 so the days are long and a wee bit disorienting. M is having trouble getting to sleep because of it. And summer solstice is not for a few weeks. It will get longer before it gets shorter. 

Hope your summer is warmer than our so far. 

HUGS - C 

No comments:

Post a Comment