Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Oh a travelin we will go....

This morning it was cool and dreary and damp. But we had planned to take a cab up to the castle and go for a tour so that is what we did.

We saw the Scottish Crown Jewels and some other castle-y stuff. But M pretty quickly lost interest. It was part because it was wet and she was cold and part because sadly well the castle is just not all that interesting. I think that there are other castles that are more fun to tour and we will hit some of those up in July.

So M and I headed to the castle cafe for a little pick me up. She enjoyed her muffin and the view from the cafe was really nice so was not such a bad stop.

When it finally stopped raining I got my good camera out to take some pictures, only to discover that the battery was dead!! URGH! So I essentially carried around a useless heavy brick all day. So travel tip - carry a spare battery or at least remember to charge the one you have.

 We saw this wee little truck up by the cafe and it made us laugh so we had to take a pic.

We headed out to the royal mile. M suckered me into buying her a kilt. She did look super cute in it! But she may have to be Scottish for Halloween since it was a wee bit pricey.
Our destination was lunch, and we knew we wanted to have lunch at Greyfriar's Bobby. Yes it is a little touristy but it is cozy and they really do have tasty food. 

Outside the resturant

Inside the restaurant
Another fun thing today is that it is Grandma's Birthday! Hope you had a great day! 
We bought her a wee cake at Choco-Latte, was yummy! 


Tomorrow me, Marion & the Grandparents are heading to London and later on to Paris. Don't be worried if you don't hear from me for a while. I am not lugging my heavy computer around with me. I am going to enjoy the sights and spending time with my peeps. A vacation from my vacation, if you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment