Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Insects & Great Views

M & I have a new tactic for deciding what to do when we have a whole day before us. We wrote down all the things we possibly want to do on slips of paper. We made two piles, one is for good weather days (outdoor fun) and the other is for not so good weather days (indoor).

Monday M drew out Butterfly & Insect World. I was a wee bit skeptical but I went with it. We caught the NO. 3 bus and headed out in a new direction.


Hopped off the bus right in front of our destination. 

Funny hill had to be investigated.  

They have a nice playground out front! 


We have arrived!


Butterfly!

A butterfly and some ants! 


Marion in the hatching area. 


 A close up of butterflies emerging. 


We saw all sorts of insects and snakes, a few turtles and little birds. No pictures because well I was having fun and forgot. And I really don't need a picture of a snake. I hate snakes. I felt like there was something crawling on me the whole time we were there. M made fun of me of course. My official review is it is ok. If you like reptiles and insects you might enjoy it more than I did. But it is a bit over priced and gift shop is jam packed with stuff kids will ask you to buy. 

Insect world was right near this giant garden center. Dobbies Garden Center. It had, along with gardening stuff, a food hall (we would call it a boutique grocery), a restaurant, some clothes shops and shoes, and even toys. Anyway it was really fun to wander around in. I am not sure why? But we may have had more fun there than with the bugs and beasties. Well maybe that was just me. They had a nice concept for a kids lunch. They had a whole bunch of things to choose. You got to pick 5 and a juice and put them in this little box. The British are so trusting, in America they would have opened the box and counted. I had a salad plate, it was nice. And it poured rain while we were in here so nice to be somewhere comfortable and fun rather than out in the rain. 
Pom Bears was one of the 5 thing we got. Basically some sort of potato puff in the shape of a bear. 
Tuesday, we had a very slow start. I am not sure why. M just did not want to get going. She drew out of the indoors pile. We made plans to go to the museum and see a new section of it "after lunch". We finally made it out the door at 1:15. Then I desperately needed a coffee, so we made a pit stop on the way. 













And we finally mailed our postcards, if you want one email me your address! 


M did not believe me that we had not seen all of the museum. There is a roof terrace at the top of the museum where you can see all of Edinburgh. It was not the most clear day, but it was still pretty up there. 


Free Binoculars!


We live that direction.

She's cute even if she was making me crazy yesterday. 


Rooftop selfie! 


If she were queen she would want a fancier thrown than this. 

Funny chairs on the museum. 
Britain is sort of famous for it's junk food. So we stopped at the grocery store on the way to the playground b/c I needed a bit of a snack if I was going to have to spend more time at the playground. I had a couple of these dark chocolate rice cakes and some almonds. The rice cakes were tasty.


M has been reading books where the main character eats caramel wafers all the time. Now we know why, they are delicious. I only had a bite but man it was good.
 Saved these for after dinner. They were weird. And I think made my stomach ache. I did not sleep well between too much sugar and the window rattling because the wind was back.
Today we have tickets at 11:45 so we cannot be late we have to get out the door by 11. So far it has been going better and if I continue to be an organized grown up (not always my strength) it will be easier. 

Hope you are having some summer fun! 
HUGS 


No comments:

Post a Comment